If there’s one thing that rap has taught me, it’s that people will go to astounding, and potentially fatal lengths in hopes of achieving that Good Life. The latest single off SMKA‘s forthcoming two-part street album, the product of a marathon four-day recording session at ATL’s 882 Studios, finds crew member Kato straying from his trademark trunk-rattling sound to craft a moody, futuristic synth backdrop for Playboy Tre and Spree Wilson‘s lyrical reflections on the struggle to survive and thrive in a cold world. Marian Mereba‘s haunting hook vocals round out the package. Fans will be able to find Good Life, the previously-featured Pimpin Mane and much more on part one of The Hang Out, scheduled to hit the ‘net next Tuesday, March 26.
Written by richard on 03/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deer Mama" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.