If there’s one thing that rap has taught me, it’s that people will go to astounding, and potentially fatal lengths in hopes of achieving that Good Life. The latest single off SMKA‘s forthcoming two-part street album, the product of a marathon four-day recording session at ATL’s 882 Studios, finds crew member Kato straying from his trademark trunk-rattling sound to craft a moody, futuristic synth backdrop for Playboy Tre and Spree Wilson‘s lyrical reflections on the struggle to survive and thrive in a cold world. Marian Mereba‘s haunting hook vocals round out the package. Fans will be able to find Good Life, the previously-featured Pimpin Mane and much more on part one of The Hang Out, scheduled to hit the ‘net next Tuesday, March 26.
Written by richard on 03/20/13
Atlanta production collective, SMKA, blocked out 882 Studios for four days, and invited many of Atlanta’s most talented and progressive hip-hop artists to hang out, and make music. The result is The Hang Out, a two-part...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deer Mama" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.