The last time I heard a rapper spit from the perspective of a gun was in I Gave You Power, a track off Nas’ classic It Was Written LP. With his latest street single, new BlackGround/Interscope signee Smitty takes the Queensbridge legend’s blueprint a step forward. On Run N*gga Runnn, Smitty and NYC veterans The Last Poets speak from the perspective of three major contributors to death within the black community: guns, cocaine and AIDS. In verses packed with witty punchlines and similes, the collaborators advise African-Americans to stay far away from these destructive influences. Fans can find RNR and much more on Smitty’s long-awaited Hello America LP. Here’s hoping the listening public heeds the veteran emcee’s greeting—and his message—when the album drops in the first quarter of 2010.
Listen to More: Smitty
Written by BK2LV on 08/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Died In Your Arms Tonight ft. Robin Thicke" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.