Over the past eight years, three cities have risen above the rest as the top dog’s of Southern hip-hop; in np paticular order, they are Houston, Atlanta and Miami. With the immense amount of talent shared by artists in the H-Town, A-Town and MIA., it’s a shame that prior to the arrival of artists like Chamillionaire, T.I. and Rick Ross, nobody knew of a single mainstream act from the ‘Dirty. Ironically, the three artists behind the new song, Ridiculous, hail from the three previously mentioned (and now current) hip-hop mecca’s. As long as we are on the topic of ridiculousness, though, let’s mention that Smitty still has yet to release an official album, Trae has yet to gain respect outside of Texas and it took an Usher single for Polow da Don to get his just due.
Written by DJ Z on 03/12/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Died In Your Arms Tonight ft. Robin Thicke" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)