Over the past eight years, three cities have risen above the rest as the top dog’s of Southern hip-hop; in np paticular order, they are Houston, Atlanta and Miami. With the immense amount of talent shared by artists in the H-Town, A-Town and MIA., it’s a shame that prior to the arrival of artists like Chamillionaire, T.I. and Rick Ross, nobody knew of a single mainstream act from the ‘Dirty. Ironically, the three artists behind the new song, Ridiculous, hail from the three previously mentioned (and now current) hip-hop mecca’s. As long as we are on the topic of ridiculousness, though, let’s mention that Smitty still has yet to release an official album, Trae has yet to gain respect outside of Texas and it took an Usher single for Polow da Don to get his just due.
Written by DJ Z on 03/12/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Died In Your Arms Tonight ft. Robin Thicke" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.