No matter how many times you listen to Bob Marley or watch Cool Runnings, you can’t be Jamaican (unless, of course, you are actually from Jamaica). But, if you turn this Smif N Wessun cut up high enough, it’ll feel like you were Born and Raised in Kingston. The Jam Rock vibe is established by production duo Beatnick & K-Salaam‘s reggae boardwork and guest artist Jr. Kelly’s passionate vocals. Smif N Wessun, too, give their approach an island makeover before settling back into their signature gritty, New York flow. Born and RaisedDuck Down.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/4/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.