No matter how many times you listen to Bob Marley or watch Cool Runnings, you can’t be Jamaican (unless, of course, you are actually from Jamaica). But, if you turn this Smif N Wessun cut up high enough, it’ll feel like you were Born and Raised in Kingston. The Jam Rock vibe is established by production duo Beatnick & K-Salaam‘s reggae boardwork and guest artist Jr. Kelly’s passionate vocals. Smif N Wessun, too, give their approach an island makeover before settling back into their signature gritty, New York flow. Born and RaisedDuck Down.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/4/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)