DMV ambassador SmCity makes it look easy, but it’s What You Don’t See that makes that possible. It is also what will propel him to places the average emcee cant even dream of. Before shedding some light on the less glamorous, yet equally as important, aspects of the grind, Sm lets The Kid Daytona grace the mic first. Daytona, with his cutting, slurred flow, takes a big chomp out the whirring MarcNfinit beat. Thankfully he leaves enough for SmCity, who uses his thunderous approach to show that a budding rap career doesn’t happen overnight, but is the product of years and years of trials and tribulations. Pacing the cut is Precious Joubert, whose energetic hook-work keeps the energy high and serves as a nice, clean compliment to both emcees grimier style. This cut will appear on City’s Dream Cemetery project, set for a March 19 release. Daytona isn’t the only guest on the project either; City will be joined by Maffew Ragazino and Maimouna Youssef, just to name a few.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view SmCity’s What You Don’t See visuals.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/11/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Surrender (Win Is in the Bag)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.