DMV ambassador SmCity makes it look easy, but it’s What You Don’t See that makes that possible. It is also what will propel him to places the average emcee cant even dream of. Before shedding some light on the less glamorous, yet equally as important, aspects of the grind, Sm lets The Kid Daytona grace the mic first. Daytona, with his cutting, slurred flow, takes a big chomp out the whirring MarcNfinit beat. Thankfully he leaves enough for SmCity, who uses his thunderous approach to show that a budding rap career doesn’t happen overnight, but is the product of years and years of trials and tribulations. Pacing the cut is Precious Joubert, whose energetic hook-work keeps the energy high and serves as a nice, clean compliment to both emcees grimier style. This cut will appear on City’s Dream Cemetery project, set for a March 19 release. Daytona isn’t the only guest on the project either; City will be joined by Maffew Ragazino and Maimouna Youssef, just to name a few.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view SmCity’s What You Don’t See visuals.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/11/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Surrender (Win Is in the Bag)" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.