For most, the start of a new year is the opportunity to try out a few modest life changes—maybe quit smoking, lose a few pounds, or start that new exercise routine. Emboldened by the big moves he made in 2012, SmCity‘s thinking a little bigger this time around. On his latest mixtape single, the D.C. repper plots his New Year’s Revolution, planning to surpass himself in every facet of his professional life, and bring sucker emcees to their knees for good measure. A soulfully driving sampled beat by Sean Sundance underscores the artist’s determination, and a refreshing chorus by Alison Carney rounds out the package. For this ambitious banger and many more quality cuts, check out Sm’s Dream Cemetery LP when it drops via Twenty20 Music in the first quarter of 2013.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view SmCity’s New Year’s Revolution visual.
Written by richard on 01/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Surrender (Win Is in the Bag)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.