For most, the start of a new year is the opportunity to try out a few modest life changes—maybe quit smoking, lose a few pounds, or start that new exercise routine. Emboldened by the big moves he made in 2012, SmCity‘s thinking a little bigger this time around. On his latest mixtape single, the D.C. repper plots his New Year’s Revolution, planning to surpass himself in every facet of his professional life, and bring sucker emcees to their knees for good measure. A soulfully driving sampled beat by Sean Sundance underscores the artist’s determination, and a refreshing chorus by Alison Carney rounds out the package. For this ambitious banger and many more quality cuts, check out Sm’s Dream Cemetery LP when it drops via Twenty20 Music in the first quarter of 2013.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view SmCity’s New Year’s Revolution visual.
Written by richard on 01/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Surrender (Win Is in the Bag)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.