In the market for a f**k? Then you’re gonna want to look elsewhere, because nary a one is given on SmCity‘s latest effort (though perhaps, if you asked nicely, he could spare a sh*t or a damn). So proud of his ability to shrug off the haters that he’s adopted the moniker “Mr. IDGAF,” the D.C. rhymesayer gathers two equally non-f**k-giving DMV neighbors to back him up on this pensive cut, the latest leak off his forthcoming, Booth-sponsored project. In addition to crafting the slow-burning, brass-fortified instrumental, Oddisee guests on verse two, following up the headliner’s resolute opener with an equally determination-drenched account of his trouble-free life philosophy (“My interest in what I can’t control: near none / So I’m not fazed by mere ploys, let them tantrums go.”). Last but most certainly not least, Phil Adé does his thing on the back, firing off a few b-ball-themed punchlines and giving thanks to “G-O-D” for granting him strength to rise above his struggles. Digging it? There’s plenty more dopeness in store on Sm’s The Indie Life: Hate, Love & Money LP, set to hit our mixtape page next Tuesday, January 12.
Written by richard on 01/3/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Surrender (Win Is in the Bag)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.