In the market for a f**k? Then you’re gonna want to look elsewhere, because nary a one is given on SmCity‘s latest effort (though perhaps, if you asked nicely, he could spare a sh*t or a damn). So proud of his ability to shrug off the haters that he’s adopted the moniker “Mr. IDGAF,” the D.C. rhymesayer gathers two equally non-f**k-giving DMV neighbors to back him up on this pensive cut, the latest leak off his forthcoming, Booth-sponsored project. In addition to crafting the slow-burning, brass-fortified instrumental, Oddisee guests on verse two, following up the headliner’s resolute opener with an equally determination-drenched account of his trouble-free life philosophy (“My interest in what I can’t control: near none / So I’m not fazed by mere ploys, let them tantrums go.”). Last but most certainly not least, Phil Adé does his thing on the back, firing off a few b-ball-themed punchlines and giving thanks to “G-O-D” for granting him strength to rise above his struggles. Digging it? There’s plenty more dopeness in store on Sm’s The Indie Life: Hate, Love & Money LP, set to hit our mixtape page next Tuesday, January 12.
Written by richard on 01/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Surrender (Win Is in the Bag)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.