Is there anything more romantic than imbibing an ice-cold alcoholic beverage from a Red Solo Cup? To answer my own question, yes, there are—many things, in fact. Be that as it may, anyone who still harbors a little nostalgia for college keggers (or who still attends them) will appreciate the youthful spirit the Oakland R&B quintet Smashing Hearts bring to their Booth debut and latest promo single. Over Kid Dynomite and Dylan‘s mood-setting production, the crooners showcase their subtle vocal interplay as they tantalize a lucky girl with promises of an intimate evening out. The night’s activities? Whatever her heart desires—as long as it ends before 12:00 AM curfew. This smooth ode to plastic drinkware is unattached to any larger project but, if you like what you’re hearing, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest from this promising ensemble.
Written by richard on 08/9/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.