Smash Brovaz emcee Crooklin best sums up the overall message of the duo’s latest single Be Free with a mere three words in his final verse: “freedom is everything.” Not one to be tied down musically or romantically, the Toronto rapper eagerly drops verses on the ups and downs of love and the eventual longing to just Be Free on the Junia-T produced record. Despite Crooklin’s contemplative tone on Be Free, Junia-T’s production is an upbeat blend of keys and rhythmic hand claps. Also to be noted is the song’s melodic hook, which serves as a nice transition into Crooklin’s two other verses on the record. Be Free will be featured on Smash Brovaz’ forthcoming, currently untitled LP which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shut Up " (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)