Smash Brovaz emcee Crooklin best sums up the overall message of the duo’s latest single Be Free with a mere three words in his final verse: “freedom is everything.” Not one to be tied down musically or romantically, the Toronto rapper eagerly drops verses on the ups and downs of love and the eventual longing to just Be Free on the Junia-T produced record. Despite Crooklin’s contemplative tone on Be Free, Junia-T’s production is an upbeat blend of keys and rhythmic hand claps. Also to be noted is the song’s melodic hook, which serves as a nice transition into Crooklin’s two other verses on the record. Be Free will be featured on Smash Brovaz’ forthcoming, currently untitled LP which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shut Up " (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.