Nintendo’s Super Smash Brothers might have gone by the wayside as more advanced gaming systems have come along, but its impact has certainly left an indelible imprint on modern hip-hop. Just as eager to save hip-hop from itself as their namesake characters were to toss barrels and rescue lost princesses, both members of Brooklyn duo Smash Brothers are creating quite a buzz for their new LP, Fear Factor. On a self-produced track from the project entitled Never Shall I Run, partners Ash Holmz and Classicbeatz announce their arrival and inform us that they’re not going anywhere. Trading stories of their own beginnings in the biz, Ash and Classic dominate the record. For more rhymes fit to rescue rap, check out Fear Factor, in stores now.
Written by Carly on 11/12/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.