On the newest buzz single from his upcoming album World Premiere, N. Carolina’s DTP signee Small World (like several of his Def Jam label mates) snagged Florida’s premier production team, The Runners (shout out to Cool & Dre), and their low synth, Miami bass beat with a chopped-n-screwed hook (Hustlin’). Loot & Dollas, which isn’t a signature money-talk song, mixes Tar Heel State street talk with political undertones (Master P, Oprah, Jay-Z all appear in the same verse) and showcases Small World as an industry veteran, not a rookie. Keep your eyes locked on the Def Jam release schedule to find out if Small World will have the chance to make that money.
Written by Burmy on 02/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebrity Chick ft. Chingy, Steph Jones & Small World " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.