On the newest buzz single from his upcoming album World Premiere, N. Carolina’s DTP signee Small World (like several of his Def Jam label mates) snagged Florida’s premier production team, The Runners (shout out to Cool & Dre), and their low synth, Miami bass beat with a chopped-n-screwed hook (Hustlin’). Loot & Dollas, which isn’t a signature money-talk song, mixes Tar Heel State street talk with political undertones (Master P, Oprah, Jay-Z all appear in the same verse) and showcases Small World as an industry veteran, not a rookie. Keep your eyes locked on the Def Jam release schedule to find out if Small World will have the chance to make that money.
Written by Burmy on 02/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebrity Chick ft. Chingy, Steph Jones & Small World " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.