On the newest buzz single from his upcoming album World Premiere, N. Carolina’s DTP signee Small World (like several of his Def Jam label mates) snagged Florida’s premier production team, The Runners (shout out to Cool & Dre), and their low synth, Miami bass beat with a chopped-n-screwed hook (Hustlin’). Loot & Dollas, which isn’t a signature money-talk song, mixes Tar Heel State street talk with political undertones (Master P, Oprah, Jay-Z all appear in the same verse) and showcases Small World as an industry veteran, not a rookie. Keep your eyes locked on the Def Jam release schedule to find out if Small World will have the chance to make that money.
Written by Burmy on 02/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebrity Chick ft. Chingy, Steph Jones & Small World " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.