On the newest buzz single from his upcoming album World Premiere, N. Carolina’s DTP signee Small World (like several of his Def Jam label mates) snagged Florida’s premier production team, The Runners (shout out to Cool & Dre), and their low synth, Miami bass beat with a chopped-n-screwed hook (Hustlin’). Loot & Dollas, which isn’t a signature money-talk song, mixes Tar Heel State street talk with political undertones (Master P, Oprah, Jay-Z all appear in the same verse) and showcases Small World as an industry veteran, not a rookie. Keep your eyes locked on the Def Jam release schedule to find out if Small World will have the chance to make that money.
Written by Burmy on 02/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebrity Chick ft. Chingy, Steph Jones & Small World " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.