Prepare yourselves, Booth readers: Small Eyez is going to pummel your tender eardrums with his rock-hard dic… tion. Uh, let me rephrase that: on his latest feature, the Atlanta native invites listeners to Spread ‘Em so he can insert his… sh*t, I give up. Moving right along, this freshly-minted EP single finds the Get Involved spitter joining forces with two fellow rap luminaries to deliver some of The Most Radiant flows to traverse my cochleae in a good, long minute. With Sal Dali‘s gritty samples and uptempo percussion clattering in the background, Eyez drops bars that glitter with witty punchlines, in the process name-dropping everyone and everything from Juelz Santana, to the Arcade Fire, to the Hindenburg. Assisting on the guest tip, Dayton, Ohio newcomer L-Marr the Star laces the middle 16 with larger-than-life braggadocio, and Booth fave Spree Wilson (the headliner’s high school classmate) brings the cut to strong finish with a self-referential closing verse. Craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Eyez’ #NWords EP, released yesterday via 2DopeBoyz.
Written by richard on 07/6/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.