Prepare yourselves, Booth readers: Small Eyez is going to pummel your tender eardrums with his rock-hard dic… tion. Uh, let me rephrase that: on his latest feature, the Atlanta native invites listeners to Spread ‘Em so he can insert his… sh*t, I give up. Moving right along, this freshly-minted EP single finds the Get Involved spitter joining forces with two fellow rap luminaries to deliver some of The Most Radiant flows to traverse my cochleae in a good, long minute. With Sal Dali‘s gritty samples and uptempo percussion clattering in the background, Eyez drops bars that glitter with witty punchlines, in the process name-dropping everyone and everything from Juelz Santana, to the Arcade Fire, to the Hindenburg. Assisting on the guest tip, Dayton, Ohio newcomer L-Marr the Star laces the middle 16 with larger-than-life braggadocio, and Booth fave Spree Wilson (the headliner’s high school classmate) brings the cut to strong finish with a self-referential closing verse. Craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Eyez’ #NWords EP, released yesterday via 2DopeBoyz.
Written by richard on 07/6/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.