Prepare yourselves, Booth readers: Small Eyez is going to pummel your tender eardrums with his rock-hard dic… tion. Uh, let me rephrase that: on his latest feature, the Atlanta native invites listeners to Spread ‘Em so he can insert his… sh*t, I give up. Moving right along, this freshly-minted EP single finds the Get Involved spitter joining forces with two fellow rap luminaries to deliver some of The Most Radiant flows to traverse my cochleae in a good, long minute. With Sal Dali‘s gritty samples and uptempo percussion clattering in the background, Eyez drops bars that glitter with witty punchlines, in the process name-dropping everyone and everything from Juelz Santana, to the Arcade Fire, to the Hindenburg. Assisting on the guest tip, Dayton, Ohio newcomer L-Marr the Star laces the middle 16 with larger-than-life braggadocio, and Booth fave Spree Wilson (the headliner’s high school classmate) brings the cut to strong finish with a self-referential closing verse. Craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Eyez’ #NWords EP, released yesterday via 2DopeBoyz.
Written by richard on 07/6/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.