Swisha and The Sparks, the previous song releases off SMKA and The Flush‘s forthcoming A3C compilation, featured a formidable selection of the game’s most notable emerging talents. For third single Turn Around, however, they flip the script, stacking the lineup with storied industry vets. The Flush take their turn behind the boards, creating a lightly funky, spaced out synth backdrop for self-assured rhymes from legendary Motown crew Slum Village, as well as the lyrical stylings of Little Brother alumnus Rapper Big Pooh. Returning from Swisha, former Hollyweerd emcee GoDreamer reps for rap’s advance guard on the back, and singer J. Pinder completes the cut with some mellow chorus vocals. Stankonia Sessions: A3C Edition 2012 has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can stay tuned to The DJBooth for all the latest on the TrillHD-presented project.
Written by richard on 11/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Cheatin' (Remix) ft. Slum Village" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.