Previously heard collaborating on reader-approved loosie School Daze, Windy City neighbors SLOT-A and Add-2 have joined forces to Set It Off once again on the former’s latest feature—the first half of a “two-part leak” off his next solo set. Fresh off being dubbed a “Chicago Producer to Watch in 2013” by RubyHornet, Slot showcases the skills that earned him that title behind the boards, layering catchy piano chords over a explosive, syncopated rhythm section to back his and his partner-in-rhyme’s bombastic bars. The result is a high-energy cut that will undoubtedly bring down the house when performed in front of a live audience. The Transition is set to drop at midnight on Tuesday, February 5. In the meantime, fans can still click here to cop Have You Seen My Stapler?, Slot’s recent collaborative tape with Mike Schpitz, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 01/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"School Daze" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.