Previously heard collaborating on reader-approved loosie School Daze, Windy City neighbors SLOT-A and Add-2 have joined forces to Set It Off once again on the former’s latest feature—the first half of a “two-part leak” off his next solo set. Fresh off being dubbed a “Chicago Producer to Watch in 2013” by RubyHornet, Slot showcases the skills that earned him that title behind the boards, layering catchy piano chords over a explosive, syncopated rhythm section to back his and his partner-in-rhyme’s bombastic bars. The result is a high-energy cut that will undoubtedly bring down the house when performed in front of a live audience. The Transition is set to drop at midnight on Tuesday, February 5. In the meantime, fans can still click here to cop Have You Seen My Stapler?, Slot’s recent collaborative tape with Mike Schpitz, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 01/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"School Daze" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.