A longtime favorite in the Booth thanks to his boardwork on cuts by Mike Schpitz, Neak, K. Sparks and other reader-acclaimed emcees, Slot-A has recently been transitioning from a producer who raps on occasion to a full-blown solo artist. Having proven his mettle with a number of dope guest spots, the Chi-town representative makes his headlining Booth debut with the world premiere of Growing, the latest single off his next EP. A woozy blend of head-noddable-percussion, staccato brass stabs, breathy vocal samples and scratches sets the mood as Slot tells a cautionary tale about the uncanny power of his beats and rhymes: apparently, all it takes is one listen to his music to send a responsible college girl down a path of dissolution that ends in prostitution and unintended pregnancy. Hey, he told you this sh*t wasn’t harmless. While The Transition as yet lacks a drop date, those fiending for more Slot-A solo material can stay tuned for all the latest from the multi-talented Midwesterner.
Written by richard on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"School Daze" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.