A longtime favorite in the Booth thanks to his boardwork on cuts by Mike Schpitz, Neak, K. Sparks and other reader-acclaimed emcees, Slot-A has recently been transitioning from a producer who raps on occasion to a full-blown solo artist. Having proven his mettle with a number of dope guest spots, the Chi-town representative makes his headlining Booth debut with the world premiere of Growing, the latest single off his next EP. A woozy blend of head-noddable-percussion, staccato brass stabs, breathy vocal samples and scratches sets the mood as Slot tells a cautionary tale about the uncanny power of his beats and rhymes: apparently, all it takes is one listen to his music to send a responsible college girl down a path of dissolution that ends in prostitution and unintended pregnancy. Hey, he told you this sh*t wasn’t harmless. While The Transition as yet lacks a drop date, those fiending for more Slot-A solo material can stay tuned for all the latest from the multi-talented Midwesterner.
Written by richard on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"School Daze" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.