Whether it’s to gain attention (P. Diddy), appear original (Diddy), steal back the limelight (Diddy-Dirty Money), or look bat-s*** crazy (Swag), many an artist has changed up their stage name. (I swear there’s more than one example, but Sean Combs just fit the bill for all of my examples). Pittsburgh Slim might simply be looking for a fresh start on a new label, but his new (unoriginal) Slimmie Hendrix alias fits well with his latest promo single entitled Who Got The Drugs. Tony Adams offers his production and a unique spin on the single with a “re-edit,” merging the sounds of both underground hip-hop and grimy clubstep. Hendrix on the other hand manages to keep the attention focused on his vocals with the flow listeners have come to appreciate from the Pennsylvanian native. If you like knowing who’s carrying, be sure to keep an ear out for more from Slimmie.
Written by Sigurd on 08/29/11
Submit your Rating
Four Twelve Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Champagne " (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.