Whether it’s to gain attention (P. Diddy), appear original (Diddy), steal back the limelight (Diddy-Dirty Money), or look bat-s*** crazy (Swag), many an artist has changed up their stage name. (I swear there’s more than one example, but Sean Combs just fit the bill for all of my examples). Pittsburgh Slim might simply be looking for a fresh start on a new label, but his new (unoriginal) Slimmie Hendrix alias fits well with his latest promo single entitled Who Got The Drugs. Tony Adams offers his production and a unique spin on the single with a “re-edit,” merging the sounds of both underground hip-hop and grimy clubstep. Hendrix on the other hand manages to keep the attention focused on his vocals with the flow listeners have come to appreciate from the Pennsylvanian native. If you like knowing who’s carrying, be sure to keep an ear out for more from Slimmie.
Four Twelve Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.