Whether it’s to gain attention (P. Diddy), appear original (Diddy), steal back the limelight (Diddy-Dirty Money), or look bat-s*** crazy (Swag), many an artist has changed up their stage name. (I swear there’s more than one example, but Sean Combs just fit the bill for all of my examples). Pittsburgh Slim might simply be looking for a fresh start on a new label, but his new (unoriginal) Slimmie Hendrix alias fits well with his latest promo single entitled Who Got The Drugs. Tony Adams offers his production and a unique spin on the single with a “re-edit,” merging the sounds of both underground hip-hop and grimy clubstep. Hendrix on the other hand manages to keep the attention focused on his vocals with the flow listeners have come to appreciate from the Pennsylvanian native. If you like knowing who’s carrying, be sure to keep an ear out for more from Slimmie.
Written by Sigurd on 08/29/11
Submit your Rating
Four Twelve Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Champagne " (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.