Houston’s Slim Thug admitted to our own DJ Z that, as far as choosing a follow-up to Boss of All Bosses lead single I Run, his prioridad numero uno was to “keep it street.” As it turns out, Slim’s label had other plans, and the emcee may want to reconsider his decision to quit hitting the gym (as he discussed in last week’s exclusive interview)—the new single is aimed squarely at all the females who’d like nothing more than to pose for a picture with the Houston icon. Asking a lucky lady to “Smile for the camera,” Slim goes on to tout his “supersized swag” and, of course, blow off all his haters as I Run producer Jim Jonsin dresses up a tried-and-true chord progression in swirling synths, arpeggiated bells, and sweeping strings. Smile may not be “street,” but it has undeniable hit potential—here’s hoping the single serves its intended purpose and has women nationwide flocking to record shops on the 24th.
Boss Hogg Outlawz/E1 Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!