Houston’s Slim Thug admitted to our own DJ Z that, as far as choosing a follow-up to Boss of All Bosses lead single I Run, his prioridad numero uno was to “keep it street.” As it turns out, Slim’s label had other plans, and the emcee may want to reconsider his decision to quit hitting the gym (as he discussed in last week’s exclusive interview)—the new single is aimed squarely at all the females who’d like nothing more than to pose for a picture with the Houston icon. Asking a lucky lady to “Smile for the camera,” Slim goes on to tout his “supersized swag” and, of course, blow off all his haters as I Run producer Jim Jonsin dresses up a tried-and-true chord progression in swirling synths, arpeggiated bells, and sweeping strings. Smile may not be “street,” but it has undeniable hit potential—here’s hoping the single serves its intended purpose and has women nationwide flocking to record shops on the 24th.
Written by richard on 03/15/09
Submit your Rating
Boss Hogg Outlawz/E1 Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.