If Texas were to hold an election for official hip-hop representative, Slim Thug would undoubtedly be one of the front-running candidates. Thus, it’s only appropriate that the Houston icon took the opportunity to welcome those visiting the Lone Star State for last week’s NBA All-Star game (held in Dallas) with a brand new street album. On leaked cut I Rep, Thugga joins forces with a few fellow Southern ambassadors to do just as the title says. The record’s biggest star, Ludacris, is first to stunt over Mr. Lee‘s synth-driven instrumental (complete with a hook sampled from another Texan heavyweight, Bun B), and the headliner follows his ATL amigo’s characteristically dope, if laid-back bars with his own unmistakable brand of car-crazy braggadocio. Rounding out the guest lineup are South Carolina’s Dre Day, who showcases his sung and flowed vocal stylings as he takes listeners on tour of “Promethazine City,” and up-and-coming emcee Kez, who brings the record to a close on a cash/ice-centric note. Fans can find more street-ready bangers from Slim Thug and his Southern cohorts on Welcome 2 Texas, available now online.
Boss Hogg Outlawz/E1 Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.