For the first time since his introduction to mainstream audiences, Slim Thug is the boss of his own label situation. Having left Geffen to join his Boss Hogg Outlawz at Koch (now E1 Music) and achieved street success with single I Run, Thug’s finally secured his long-delayed sophomore album, Boss of All Bosses a solid release date of March 24th. Further affirming his self-made swagger, the H-Town representative brings over Southern superproducer Mannie Fresh to demonstrate that, no matter where he is, “all the real muf*ckas Show Me Love.” Though Slim states in the intro that this one’s for the club, his easygoing flow and Fresh’s low brass production are more typical of the royal-blue Cadillac-on-rims music we’ve come to expect from the Houston emcee. Check back to the Booth in the beginning of March, when Slim Thug will park that ride over by the DJBooth to chop it up with our own DJ Z in an exclusive interview.
Written by Burmy on 02/10/09
Boss Hogg Outlawz/E1 Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.