For the first time since his introduction to mainstream audiences, Slim Thug is the boss of his own label situation. Having left Geffen to join his Boss Hogg Outlawz at Koch (now E1 Music) and achieved street success with single I Run, Thug’s finally secured his long-delayed sophomore album, Boss of All Bosses a solid release date of March 24th. Further affirming his self-made swagger, the H-Town representative brings over Southern superproducer Mannie Fresh to demonstrate that, no matter where he is, “all the real muf*ckas Show Me Love.” Though Slim states in the intro that this one’s for the club, his easygoing flow and Fresh’s low brass production are more typical of the royal-blue Cadillac-on-rims music we’ve come to expect from the Houston emcee. Check back to the Booth in the beginning of March, when Slim Thug will park that ride over by the DJBooth to chop it up with our own DJ Z in an exclusive interview.
Boss Hogg Outlawz/E1 Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.