When haters start spewing unfounded criticism, most emcees respond with outpourings of vicious bile (see K. Sparks’ F*ck Outta Here, also featured today). Slim Thug, however, is nothing if not an exemplary Southern gentleman; when doubters are running their mouths, he first politely requests that they, “Please Don’t Do That.” Then, if they don’t listen, he snaps on their asses. With I Run currently the focus of promotional efforts, Don’t Do That has yet to be considered for single selection, but the record has a lot going for it: Konvict Muzik hitmaker Akon‘s hook and slow-burning, synth-driven production mesh perfectly with Thug’s confrontational yet well-mannered verses. “Hater records” are hotter than ever these days, so don’t be surprised if this cut ends up becoming the second official single off Slim Thug’s forthcoming sophomore LP, Boss of All Bosses, set to hit stores March 24th.
Written by richard on 01/25/09
Boss Hogg Outlawz/E1 Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.