When haters start spewing unfounded criticism, most emcees respond with outpourings of vicious bile (see K. Sparks’ F*ck Outta Here, also featured today). Slim Thug, however, is nothing if not an exemplary Southern gentleman; when doubters are running their mouths, he first politely requests that they, “Please Don’t Do That.” Then, if they don’t listen, he snaps on their asses. With I Run currently the focus of promotional efforts, Don’t Do That has yet to be considered for single selection, but the record has a lot going for it: Konvict Muzik hitmaker Akon‘s hook and slow-burning, synth-driven production mesh perfectly with Thug’s confrontational yet well-mannered verses. “Hater records” are hotter than ever these days, so don’t be surprised if this cut ends up becoming the second official single off Slim Thug’s forthcoming sophomore LP, Boss of All Bosses, set to hit stores March 24th.
Written by richard on 01/25/09
Submit your Rating
Boss Hogg Outlawz/E1 Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.