Any time Dr. Dre puts his name on a track, it’s probably something to get excited about. The esteemed producer will contribute at least one beat to Slim Thug’s second album, Boss of All Bosses, which drops early next year. The simple piano melody, heavy bass, and handclaps make B*tch I’m Back instantly recognizable as Dre’s work. As he has proved time and time again, sometimes less really is more when it comes to beats. Lyrically, Slim sticks to the familiar, flaunting his street cred amidst announcements of his triumphant return. Criminally underrated guest Devin The Dude is also his typical self, chronicling the various issues that street bosses face on a daily basis. It all comes together neatly as a windows-down, summertime whip jam.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/17/08
Submit your Rating
Boss Hogg Outlawz/E1 Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)