Any time Dr. Dre puts his name on a track, it’s probably something to get excited about. The esteemed producer will contribute at least one beat to Slim Thug’s second album, Boss of All Bosses, which drops early next year. The simple piano melody, heavy bass, and handclaps make B*tch I’m Back instantly recognizable as Dre’s work. As he has proved time and time again, sometimes less really is more when it comes to beats. Lyrically, Slim sticks to the familiar, flaunting his street cred amidst announcements of his triumphant return. Criminally underrated guest Devin The Dude is also his typical self, chronicling the various issues that street bosses face on a daily basis. It all comes together neatly as a windows-down, summertime whip jam.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/17/08
Submit your Rating
Boss Hogg Outlawz/E1 Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.