Any time Dr. Dre puts his name on a track, it’s probably something to get excited about. The esteemed producer will contribute at least one beat to Slim Thug’s second album, Boss of All Bosses, which drops early next year. The simple piano melody, heavy bass, and handclaps make B*tch I’m Back instantly recognizable as Dre’s work. As he has proved time and time again, sometimes less really is more when it comes to beats. Lyrically, Slim sticks to the familiar, flaunting his street cred amidst announcements of his triumphant return. Criminally underrated guest Devin The Dude is also his typical self, chronicling the various issues that street bosses face on a daily basis. It all comes together neatly as a windows-down, summertime whip jam.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/17/08
Boss Hogg Outlawz/E1 Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wamp Wamp (What It Do) ft. Slim Thug" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)