If there are any children in the room you’d best break out the earplugs—Slim the Mobster‘s latest single has been certified X-Rated by the DJBooth Rap Record Rating Council. OK, to keep it one-hundred, that organization exists only in my imagination and, despite its title, the record itself is relatively unlikely to leave your four-year-old cousin emotionally traumatized. (Though it might lead to some uncomfortable questions.) A newly-released single off the Aftermath emcee’s new mixtape—the follow-up to November 2011’s DJBooth-sponsored War Music—this understated bedroom burner finds Nottz layering sampled vocal harmonies over a liquid baseline as Slim encourages a fine female to “Do That Sh*t.” Though the woman in questions claims to have a man, she’s clearly been spending plenty of time with the West Coast rhymesayer; not only has he memorized all her spots, but she’s begun to copy Slim’s swag. A steamy jam like this one needs an appropriately silky chorus, and guest vocalist Sly rises to the occasion, lacing the beat with seductively cooed come-ones. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked—Slim’s next street album has yet to receive a title or drop date, but we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 04/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Money Up" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.