If there are any children in the room you’d best break out the earplugs—Slim the Mobster‘s latest single has been certified X-Rated by the DJBooth Rap Record Rating Council. OK, to keep it one-hundred, that organization exists only in my imagination and, despite its title, the record itself is relatively unlikely to leave your four-year-old cousin emotionally traumatized. (Though it might lead to some uncomfortable questions.) A newly-released single off the Aftermath emcee’s new mixtape—the follow-up to November 2011’s DJBooth-sponsored War Music—this understated bedroom burner finds Nottz layering sampled vocal harmonies over a liquid baseline as Slim encourages a fine female to “Do That Sh*t.” Though the woman in questions claims to have a man, she’s clearly been spending plenty of time with the West Coast rhymesayer; not only has he memorized all her spots, but she’s begun to copy Slim’s swag. A steamy jam like this one needs an appropriately silky chorus, and guest vocalist Sly rises to the occasion, lacing the beat with seductively cooed come-ones. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked—Slim’s next street album has yet to receive a title or drop date, but we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Listen to More: Slim The Mobster
Written by richard on 04/10/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Money Up" (2011)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.