Everyone who works in a creative field needs a Muse; someone or something that wakes them up in the morning and gets the creative juices flowing. While a giant cup of coffee (or three) is good enough for yours truly, Slim can’t start his day off right without a beautiful woman by his side. On his latest promo single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, he reaches out to a girl who meets all the qualifications—in fact, she’s so close to his ideal that she could have walked straight out of his fantasies. Backed by the warm, mellow slow-jam production of Oddz.N.Endz, the artist expresses a longing that edges beyond lust into transcendence (though lust is most definitely a factor). Muse isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging this low-key burner can keep their browsers locked for all the latest from the R&B mainstay.
Written by richard on 12/11/12
Submit your Rating
M3/Anotha One Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Ain't Scared ft. Pitbull" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.