You’d think that an individual as accomplished (and as slick) as Slick Rick would have no trouble whatsoever getting it in with fly honeys, but apparently he goes through dry spells just like the rest of us. But the hip-hop legend’s sexual frustration is our gain, as it (along with, perhaps, the prospect of a little extra scratch) has inspired him to break his silence with bawdy new single Need Some Bad. Recorded for inclusion on the soundtrack LP to Jonah Hill movie The Sitter, the record finds Richard Walters coming together with fellow East Coast titan DJ Premier to raise awareness of the affliction colloquially known as “blue balls.” Over Primo’s bouncing boom-bap grooves and old-school cuts, the Bronx-by-way-of-London rhymesayer comes with his trademark, lighthearted narrative flow, stepping into a variety of roles (Including that of his own mother: “Don’t you have a steady piece to smash yet, son?”) as he details his epic quest to get his rocks off. The Sitter soundtrack is available now on iTunes, and fans will be able to catch the film in theaters everywhere starting this Friday, December 9.
Written by richard on 12/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Police ft. Slick Rick" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.