You’d think that an individual as accomplished (and as slick) as Slick Rick would have no trouble whatsoever getting it in with fly honeys, but apparently he goes through dry spells just like the rest of us. But the hip-hop legend’s sexual frustration is our gain, as it (along with, perhaps, the prospect of a little extra scratch) has inspired him to break his silence with bawdy new single Need Some Bad. Recorded for inclusion on the soundtrack LP to Jonah Hill movie The Sitter, the record finds Richard Walters coming together with fellow East Coast titan DJ Premier to raise awareness of the affliction colloquially known as “blue balls.” Over Primo’s bouncing boom-bap grooves and old-school cuts, the Bronx-by-way-of-London rhymesayer comes with his trademark, lighthearted narrative flow, stepping into a variety of roles (Including that of his own mother: “Don’t you have a steady piece to smash yet, son?”) as he details his epic quest to get his rocks off. The Sitter soundtrack is available now on iTunes, and fans will be able to catch the film in theaters everywhere starting this Friday, December 9.
Listen to More: Slick Rick
Written by richard on 12/7/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Police ft. Slick Rick" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.