You’d think that an individual as accomplished (and as slick) as Slick Rick would have no trouble whatsoever getting it in with fly honeys, but apparently he goes through dry spells just like the rest of us. But the hip-hop legend’s sexual frustration is our gain, as it (along with, perhaps, the prospect of a little extra scratch) has inspired him to break his silence with bawdy new single Need Some Bad. Recorded for inclusion on the soundtrack LP to Jonah Hill movie The Sitter, the record finds Richard Walters coming together with fellow East Coast titan DJ Premier to raise awareness of the affliction colloquially known as “blue balls.” Over Primo’s bouncing boom-bap grooves and old-school cuts, the Bronx-by-way-of-London rhymesayer comes with his trademark, lighthearted narrative flow, stepping into a variety of roles (Including that of his own mother: “Don’t you have a steady piece to smash yet, son?”) as he details his epic quest to get his rocks off. The Sitter soundtrack is available now on iTunes, and fans will be able to catch the film in theaters everywhere starting this Friday, December 9.
Written by richard on 12/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Police ft. Slick Rick" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)