Being the protégé of a big name artist can be a gift and a curse. On one hand you have major support, but on the other you might never step out from beyond their shadow (ask Memphis Bleek). Trying his luck is Young Jeezy protégé (ergo CTE/USDA second-in-command) Slick Pulla with his new single, Watchin’ Me. Slick’s melodic rhyme-scheme sounds extremely similar to Jeezy’s, which would usually mean a death sentence for the start of a solo career. However, Fabo‘s hook and production from KC give Watchin’ Me a futuristic sound and a solid chance to succeed. To find out whether Slick Pulla is able to step out from beyond Jeezy’s shadow, check out Trapublican when it hits stores in 2008.
Written by Burmy on 11/18/07
Submit your Rating
Corporate Thugz Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How It Goes ft. Slick Pulla" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)