Being the protégé of a big name artist can be a gift and a curse. On one hand you have major support, but on the other you might never step out from beyond their shadow (ask Memphis Bleek). Trying his luck is Young Jeezy protégé (ergo CTE/USDA second-in-command) Slick Pulla with his new single, Watchin’ Me. Slick’s melodic rhyme-scheme sounds extremely similar to Jeezy’s, which would usually mean a death sentence for the start of a solo career. However, Fabo‘s hook and production from KC give Watchin’ Me a futuristic sound and a solid chance to succeed. To find out whether Slick Pulla is able to step out from beyond Jeezy’s shadow, check out Trapublican when it hits stores in 2008.
Written by Burmy on 11/18/07
Submit your Rating
Corporate Thugz Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How It Goes ft. Slick Pulla" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.