Being the protégé of a big name artist can be a gift and a curse. On one hand you have major support, but on the other you might never step out from beyond their shadow (ask Memphis Bleek). Trying his luck is Young Jeezy protégé (ergo CTE/USDA second-in-command) Slick Pulla with his new single, Watchin’ Me. Slick’s melodic rhyme-scheme sounds extremely similar to Jeezy’s, which would usually mean a death sentence for the start of a solo career. However, Fabo‘s hook and production from KC give Watchin’ Me a futuristic sound and a solid chance to succeed. To find out whether Slick Pulla is able to step out from beyond Jeezy’s shadow, check out Trapublican when it hits stores in 2008.
Written by Burmy on 11/18/07
Submit your Rating
Corporate Thugz Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How It Goes ft. Slick Pulla" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.