Being the protégé of a big name artist can be a gift and a curse. On one hand you have major support, but on the other you might never step out from beyond their shadow (ask Memphis Bleek). Trying his luck is Young Jeezy protégé (ergo CTE/USDA second-in-command) Slick Pulla with his new single, Watchin’ Me. Slick’s melodic rhyme-scheme sounds extremely similar to Jeezy’s, which would usually mean a death sentence for the start of a solo career. However, Fabo‘s hook and production from KC give Watchin’ Me a futuristic sound and a solid chance to succeed. To find out whether Slick Pulla is able to step out from beyond Jeezy’s shadow, check out Trapublican when it hits stores in 2008.
Corporate Thugz Ent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How It Goes ft. Slick Pulla" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.