The last time Sleepy Brown was truly on one was when he couldn’t wait to get it on with a PYT; now, he skates off with that young thang on his newest single, We Run The Night, premiered by our friends at Okayplayer. It’s been a while since we’ve heard from Sleepy, but he’s still the same ol’ G, twisting funk with the smooth sounds of R&B to make music that fans have come to love. The self-produced ballad shows Brown as the one-man band that he’s capable of being, taking the synthesized essence of 80’s classics such as Patrice Rushen and meshing them with the melodic instrumentation of Marvin Gaye to make a memorable work of art. Sexy and sophisticated, Brown keeps true to himself and his musical style through the track: “This is a dedication to the life and how we made it / put your glasses in the air, we’re gonna toast to the atmosphere.” We Run The Night is the first single released from his upcoming album, Sex, Drugs and Soul, which is set to tentatively drop later this year.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 03/21/12
Submit your Rating
13 Black Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Some Say Yes ft. Sleepy Brown" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.