If you really think about it, the abundance of Wack MC’s is a blessing in disguise—if all the fakers, wannabes, and novelty acts that litter the game suddenly up and quit, all the good emcees would be stuck slinging lame insults at each others’ moms. Fortunately for the four lyrical bruisers that make up Slaughterhouse, we’re not going to run out of wackness anytime soon, and on their latest unreleased cut, Budden, Ortiz, Royce, and Crook take turns taking on all the “suckas with colorful names,” whose skills simply aren’t up to par. Unfortunately for those hoping to hear the quartet stir up some genuine beef, few names are actually named (though Royce takes a humorously blatant swipe at Ron Browz), but the rest of us will undoubtedly enjoy the punchline-heavy verses, as well as Red Spyda‘s synth-driven production. Plus, that “Wick wick wack” sample from Mr Philosophy gets funnier every time I hear it. Slaughterhouse are currently touring, as well as preparing a new mixtape and a debut LP for release later this year.
Written by richard on 03/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slaughterhouse ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)