The (relatively) mainstream-friendly nature of Slaughterhouse‘s song releases leading up to their sophomore set have led some fans to question whether Shady Records is giving the microphone-murdering four-piece enough room to do what they do best. So, what better way to dispel all doubts than by having label boss Em join forces with Royce, Crook, Budden and Joell for fifth single Throw That, a lyrical free-for-all loosely centered around the theme of f**king? I’ll leave it to y’all to debate whether this smorgasboard of freaky bars, delivered over T-Minus’ syncopated synth trills and handclap-accented percussion, is a positive or negative indicator of the overall quality of welcome to: OUR HOUSE. Whatever your take, keep it locked for the latest leading up to next Tuesday, the 28th, when the project will be unleashed upon the hip-hop populace.
Written by richard on 08/21/12
Before we dig into welcome to: OUR HOUSE, let’s take a minute to truly understand what we’re talking about when we talk about Slaughterhouse. Hip-hop’s really never seen anything like this particular four-man crew...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slaughterhouse ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.