Back in March, Slaughterhouse polarized listeners with My Life, a single which found them tempering their lyrically iconoclastic style with more mainstream ambitions. On the follow-up, Throw It Away, the group once again returns to the topic of big-money stunting, this time over a grimier, sampled beat courtesy of Mr. Porter. Swizz Beatz lends his vocals to the chorus. Have Crook, Royce, Budden and Ortiz struck the right balance of underground and mainstream appeal with their latest joint? Debate away. Whatever your opinion, you’ll be able to hear plenty more where this came from on Shady debut welcome to: OUR HOUSE, scheduled for release August 28.
Written by richard on 06/29/12
Before we dig into welcome to: OUR HOUSE, let’s take a minute to truly understand what we’re talking about when we talk about Slaughterhouse. Hip-hop’s really never seen anything like this particular four-man crew...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slaughterhouse ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.