Back in March, Slaughterhouse polarized listeners with My Life, a single which found them tempering their lyrically iconoclastic style with more mainstream ambitions. On the follow-up, Throw It Away, the group once again returns to the topic of big-money stunting, this time over a grimier, sampled beat courtesy of Mr. Porter. Swizz Beatz lends his vocals to the chorus. Have Crook, Royce, Budden and Ortiz struck the right balance of underground and mainstream appeal with their latest joint? Debate away. Whatever your opinion, you’ll be able to hear plenty more where this came from on Shady debut welcome to: OUR HOUSE, scheduled for release August 28.
Written by richard on 06/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slaughterhouse ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.