“Ask your friends who’s The Illest” and, if your friends are serious hip-hop heads, you can bet that the flamespitters who make up lyrical supergroup Slaughterhouse will factor in. On this new, unreleased cut, Joe Budden, Crooked I, Royce Da 5’9” and Joell Ortiz remind listeners exactly why they’re four of the greatest doing it. Backed by the The Klassics’ grimy, boom-bap boardwork—featuring a hook sampled from Biggie’s Think Big—the crew drop “lyrically… untouchable, uncrushable” verses packed to the gills with quotable punchlines. The illest line in The Illest? I nominate Crook’s triple-take-inducing “I’m bout to go Van Gogh, and I have to reach for slavery guns—that mean I draw a master piece,” with honorable mention going to Royce for: “We not social / On Twitter we block Oprah and Deepak Chopra.” As always, though, Booth readers get the final say. It has yet to be determined whether this cut will be appearing on Slaughterhouse’s sophomore set (and Shady Records debut), but fans can keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slaughterhouse ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.