“Ask your friends who’s The Illest” and, if your friends are serious hip-hop heads, you can bet that the flamespitters who make up lyrical supergroup Slaughterhouse will factor in. On this new, unreleased cut, Joe Budden, Crooked I, Royce Da 5’9” and Joell Ortiz remind listeners exactly why they’re four of the greatest doing it. Backed by the The Klassics’ grimy, boom-bap boardwork—featuring a hook sampled from Biggie’s Think Big—the crew drop “lyrically… untouchable, uncrushable” verses packed to the gills with quotable punchlines. The illest line in The Illest? I nominate Crook’s triple-take-inducing “I’m bout to go Van Gogh, and I have to reach for slavery guns—that mean I draw a master piece,” with honorable mention going to Royce for: “We not social / On Twitter we block Oprah and Deepak Chopra.” As always, though, Booth readers get the final say. It has yet to be determined whether this cut will be appearing on Slaughterhouse’s sophomore set (and Shady Records debut), but fans can keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes!
Written by richard on 10/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slaughterhouse ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.