No compilation of street music is complete without a little something from lyrical supergroup Slaughterhouse, and Funk Flex’ latest opus is no exception to that rule. On House Gang, the fearsome foursome’s contribution to Who You Mad At? Me or Yourself?, Royce, Crook, Joell Ortiz and Joe Budden go in over a leisurely, string-sampled beat by DJ Relly Rell. As usual, the quotable bars come so thick and fast it’s tough to choose a favorite, but 5’9” gets credit for dropping one of the most inventive punchlines I’ve heard in a hot minute: “If Obama take away my right to bear (bare) arms, I’m puttin’ a sweater around my Uzi and walkin’ around with it like it’s my toy dog.” On the hook, the crew borrow a few lines from Outkast‘s 1996 hit, Elevators. Like what you’re hearing? More bangers await on the aforementioned Funk Flex tape, available online as of April 18.
Written by richard on 05/9/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slaughterhouse ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.