While the Slaughterhouse sophomore studio album was far from the sellout that their most pessimistic fans had feared, it did find the lyrical supergroup expanding their artistic vision considerably. Not only did they shoot for mainstream success on the pre-release singles, but on album cut Goodbye, they got downright sentimental as they reminisced about family members who have passed on. Today, rap vet Fat Joe steps into the Booth with a remix dedicated to former manager Chris Lightly, who took his own life last week. In a newly-added opening verse over Boi-1da‘s poignant, piano-led backdrop, the artist expresses his love for his longtime friend and mentor, thanking Lightly for providing crucial support before anyone else in the game knew his name. The original version of Goodbye and much more can be found on Slaughterhouse’s welcome to: OUR HOUSE LP, available in stores and online as of August 28.
Written by richard on 09/5/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slaughterhouse ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.