While the Slaughterhouse sophomore studio album was far from the sellout that their most pessimistic fans had feared, it did find the lyrical supergroup expanding their artistic vision considerably. Not only did they shoot for mainstream success on the pre-release singles, but on album cut Goodbye, they got downright sentimental as they reminisced about family members who have passed on. Today, rap vet Fat Joe steps into the Booth with a remix dedicated to former manager Chris Lightly, who took his own life last week. In a newly-added opening verse over Boi-1da‘s poignant, piano-led backdrop, the artist expresses his love for his longtime friend and mentor, thanking Lightly for providing crucial support before anyone else in the game knew his name. The original version of Goodbye and much more can be found on Slaughterhouse’s welcome to: OUR HOUSE LP, available in stores and online as of August 28.
Written by richard on 09/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slaughterhouse ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)