While the Slaughterhouse sophomore studio album was far from the sellout that their most pessimistic fans had feared, it did find the lyrical supergroup expanding their artistic vision considerably. Not only did they shoot for mainstream success on the pre-release singles, but on album cut Goodbye, they got downright sentimental as they reminisced about family members who have passed on. Today, rap vet Fat Joe steps into the Booth with a remix dedicated to former manager Chris Lightly, who took his own life last week. In a newly-added opening verse over Boi-1da‘s poignant, piano-led backdrop, the artist expresses his love for his longtime friend and mentor, thanking Lightly for providing crucial support before anyone else in the game knew his name. The original version of Goodbye and much more can be found on Slaughterhouse’s welcome to: OUR HOUSE LP, available in stores and online as of August 28.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slaughterhouse ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.