Is Slaughterhouse on track to become the best super-group hip-hop has ever seen? Joe Budden, Royce Da 5’9”, Crooked I and Joell Ortiz have come a long way since the inception of their now epic group. Within two years Slaughterhouse has built a huge fan base and established themselves as some of the game’s most lyrical emcees. After recently being signed to Shady Records, the foursome will be releasing a self-titled EP on February 8, in conjunction with their feature on the front cover of XXL, but before they do, they’ve released another joint, entitled Sun Doobie, to increase anticipation for their sophomore project. Behind the boards Mr. Porter produces a hardcore track with a grungy drum snare that will have your head nodding from the beginning while Budden, Royce, Crooked and Joell jump on board one by one, delivering raw and cunning lyrics claiming that 2011 is their year. Well, are they right? Is Slaughterhouse poised to take over the game this year? What the hell is a Sun Doobie? We can only assume all our questions will be answered soon.
Written by richard on 02/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slaughterhouse ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.