Suffering from the “love flu”? Well, as any doctor will tell you, one of the keys to good health is always staying hydrated—and, as luck may have it, singer/songwriter/producer Slakah the Beatchild is here to slake your thirst with The Cure, a new single as refreshing as a tall glass of dihydrogen monoxide. (Disclaimer: I’m pretty sure no musical work can replace your daly intake of regular water… experiment at your own risk!) The Beatchild’s first Booth feature since May ‘09’s Enjoy Ya Self, this joint finds the Toronto native setting a similarly mellow, breezy mood behind the boards, layering lightly-jazzy guitar chords and languid synth squiggles over leisurely percussion as he addresses a female who’s got him sick with love, expressing his affection through a variety of medical metaphors. Then keep it locked—Cure will be placed on the forthcoming project Something Forever (Special Edition), which doesn’t currently have a release date.
Written by richard on 06/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Enjoy Ya Self (Version 2) ft. Drake" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.