Suffering from the “love flu”? Well, as any doctor will tell you, one of the keys to good health is always staying hydrated—and, as luck may have it, singer/songwriter/producer Slakah the Beatchild is here to slake your thirst with The Cure, a new single as refreshing as a tall glass of dihydrogen monoxide. (Disclaimer: I’m pretty sure no musical work can replace your daly intake of regular water… experiment at your own risk!) The Beatchild’s first Booth feature since May ‘09’s Enjoy Ya Self, this joint finds the Toronto native setting a similarly mellow, breezy mood behind the boards, layering lightly-jazzy guitar chords and languid synth squiggles over leisurely percussion as he addresses a female who’s got him sick with love, expressing his affection through a variety of medical metaphors. Then keep it locked—Cure will be placed on the forthcoming project Something Forever (Special Edition), which doesn’t currently have a release date.
Written by richard on 06/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Enjoy Ya Self (Version 2) ft. Drake" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)