Suffering from the “love flu”? Well, as any doctor will tell you, one of the keys to good health is always staying hydrated—and, as luck may have it, singer/songwriter/producer Slakah the Beatchild is here to slake your thirst with The Cure, a new single as refreshing as a tall glass of dihydrogen monoxide. (Disclaimer: I’m pretty sure no musical work can replace your daly intake of regular water… experiment at your own risk!) The Beatchild’s first Booth feature since May ‘09’s Enjoy Ya Self, this joint finds the Toronto native setting a similarly mellow, breezy mood behind the boards, layering lightly-jazzy guitar chords and languid synth squiggles over leisurely percussion as he addresses a female who’s got him sick with love, expressing his affection through a variety of medical metaphors. Then keep it locked—Cure will be placed on the forthcoming project Something Forever (Special Edition), which doesn’t currently have a release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Enjoy Ya Self (Version 2) ft. Drake" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.