Suffering from the “love flu”? Well, as any doctor will tell you, one of the keys to good health is always staying hydrated—and, as luck may have it, singer/songwriter/producer Slakah the Beatchild is here to slake your thirst with The Cure, a new single as refreshing as a tall glass of dihydrogen monoxide. (Disclaimer: I’m pretty sure no musical work can replace your daly intake of regular water… experiment at your own risk!) The Beatchild’s first Booth feature since May ‘09’s Enjoy Ya Self, this joint finds the Toronto native setting a similarly mellow, breezy mood behind the boards, layering lightly-jazzy guitar chords and languid synth squiggles over leisurely percussion as he addresses a female who’s got him sick with love, expressing his affection through a variety of medical metaphors. Then keep it locked—Cure will be placed on the forthcoming project Something Forever (Special Edition), which doesn’t currently have a release date.
Written by richard on 06/27/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Enjoy Ya Self (Version 2) ft. Drake" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.