No, Slaine isn’t launching a rap-themed ventriloquist act—which is a good thing, since that might be the wackest idea of all time. The title of new single “Hip Hop Dummy” actually refers to anyone who denies the supremacy of hip-hop in general, and Slaine’s own music in particular. Joining the Coka Nostra rhymesayer as he schools the lames over beatsmith Lu Balz‘s head-noddable synth/percussion grooves, West Coast mainstay Bishop Lamont and Demigodz co-founder Apathy contribute some razor-sharp guest bars. Slaine’s The King of Everything Else LP is slated to drop August 19, via Suburban Noize. Click here to pre-order the set on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/25/14
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Prelude to the Poison" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label