On the last single off his forthcoming solo set, La Coka Nostra emcee Slaine expressed his disgust with people who let addictive drugs take over their lives. But don’t let his distaste for Dopeheads fool you into thinking he’s against narcotics altogether. As follow-up Getting High makes abundantly clear, he enjoys weed just as much as—or more than—the average emcee. On this cut, Slaine rhymes about his lifelong relationship with Mary Jane over a gritty, soul-sampled beat by DJ Lethal. West Coast mainstay DEMRICK lends a hand on the back. Jon Knautz helms the official video, which resembles a TVMA version of America’s Funniest Home Videos. For more, check out The King of Everything Else when it drops August 19, via Suburban Noize Records.
Written by richard on 07/23/14
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Prelude to the Poison" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.