With his eagerly-anticipated new solo album just a few short days away from release, Slaine returns to bless the Booth with another fresh single off the set. On Children of the Revolution, the thirtysomething emcee hooks up with a fellow member of La Coka Nostra to reflect on the past few decades of music, popular culture and foreign affairs. Louis Bell‘s deliberate rhythm section and tense synths back the headliner as he trades wide-ranging verses with longtime collaborator and Queens representative ILL BILL. The King of Everything is slated to drop next Tuesday, August 19, but Boothgoers will get a sneak peek on Monday, when it hits our front page for full, free streaming.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Prelude to the Poison" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.