Having administered their own version of anti-drug program D.A.R.E. on their last feature, SL Jones and DJ Burn One once again grapple with the destructive allure of drugs on the latest single off their collaborative street album. On M.D.M.A., Burn One’s hazy production sets the mood as SL describes the effects of ecstasy (and a cocktail of other psychoactive substances) on his system. Slumerican emcee Rittz (an alumnus of our freestyle series, as well as a performer in the Booth’s 2012 SXSW showcase) contributes guest bars, and Ebony Love handles the hook. Paraphernalia is available now for free download and fans can hear more from Rittz on his White Jesus: Revival tape, available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walkin' Investment" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.