Having administered their own version of anti-drug program D.A.R.E. on their last feature, SL Jones and DJ Burn One once again grapple with the destructive allure of drugs on the latest single off their collaborative street album. On M.D.M.A., Burn One’s hazy production sets the mood as SL describes the effects of ecstasy (and a cocktail of other psychoactive substances) on his system. Slumerican emcee Rittz (an alumnus of our freestyle series, as well as a performer in the Booth’s 2012 SXSW showcase) contributes guest bars, and Ebony Love handles the hook. Paraphernalia is available now for free download and fans can hear more from Rittz on his White Jesus: Revival tape, available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walkin' Investment" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.