In the ever changing landscape of Hip-Hop in New York, the city will soon have a new album to proudly represent its streets and its people. That album will have none other than NYC’s finest, Skyzoo and Torae, holding it down. But you can refer to them from now on as the Barrel Brothers, which doubles as the title of their forthcoming effort. Before you get to knock the LP in your stereo via DJBooth, you need to hear Blue Yankee Fitted. For their ode to one of the world’s most recognizable pieces of clothing—the navy blue Yankee hat—the pair turned to !llmind, who provides a loud and proud street banger that captures the grandeur and grittiness of the city. The distorted electric drum sound effect acts as a warning siren that the Barrel Brothers are coming with their braggadocio, wordplay, and very real threats to those who step to them. As Skyzoo says, “We covered all bases. No pun intended.”
UPDATE: We’ve added the Alex Ghassan directed visuals for Blue Yankee Fitted.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Ceaselessly dope NYC emcees Skyzoo and Torae have unleashed their much-anticipated collaborative album, Barrel Brothers. Featuring lead single "Blue Yankee Fitted" and follow-up "All In Together," the album contains...
First Generation Rich, Inc./Internal Affairs Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All In Together" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)