In the ever changing landscape of Hip-Hop in New York, the city will soon have a new album to proudly represent its streets and its people. That album will have none other than NYC’s finest, Skyzoo and Torae, holding it down. But you can refer to them from now on as the Barrel Brothers, which doubles as the title of their forthcoming effort. Before you get to knock the LP in your stereo via DJBooth, you need to hear Blue Yankee Fitted. For their ode to one of the world’s most recognizable pieces of clothing—the navy blue Yankee hat—the pair turned to !llmind, who provides a loud and proud street banger that captures the grandeur and grittiness of the city. The distorted electric drum sound effect acts as a warning siren that the Barrel Brothers are coming with their braggadocio, wordplay, and very real threats to those who step to them. As Skyzoo says, “We covered all bases. No pun intended.”
UPDATE: We’ve added the Alex Ghassan directed visuals for Blue Yankee Fitted.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
First Generation Rich, Inc./Internal Affairs Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All In Together" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.