In the ever changing landscape of Hip-Hop in New York, the city will soon have a new album to proudly represent its streets and its people. That album will have none other than NYC’s finest, Skyzoo and Torae, holding it down. But you can refer to them from now on as the Barrel Brothers, which doubles as the title of their forthcoming effort. Before you get to knock the LP in your stereo via DJBooth, you need to hear Blue Yankee Fitted. For their ode to one of the world’s most recognizable pieces of clothing—the navy blue Yankee hat—the pair turned to !llmind, who provides a loud and proud street banger that captures the grandeur and grittiness of the city. The distorted electric drum sound effect acts as a warning siren that the Barrel Brothers are coming with their braggadocio, wordplay, and very real threats to those who step to them. As Skyzoo says, “We covered all bases. No pun intended.”
UPDATE: We’ve added the Alex Ghassan directed visuals for Blue Yankee Fitted.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
First Generation Rich, Inc./Internal Affairs Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All In Together" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.