As the Brooklyn phenom amply demonstrated on his last single, Frisbees, Skyzoo‘s lyrical chops are miles beyond those of your average emcee. Having some of the finest penmanship in the game, however, doesn’t mean you can’t also blow out the occasional eardrum or two. Best enjoyed with Speakers on Blast, this newly-released single finds behind-the-boards partner !llMind serving up a bass-booming blend of percussion, bells and what sounds like sampled wind (yes, wind) as the emcee teaches us a lesson on stunting in style, flaunting his kicks and his expensive tastes without sacrificing lyrical complexity: “A couple broads who understand what speakers do, Hennessy Black pride, try and get a liter through / Mookie Jordans, no scuffs, keep it true / and if a freezer’s around I’m tryin’a Tina you.” Does this scorching street banger leave you hungry for more speaker-destroying tunes from Skyzoo and !llmind? If so, you’ll want to mark your calenders for the October 5, release of their highly-anticipated collaborative album, Live From the Tape Deck.
Written by richard on 08/31/10
Submit your Rating
The Faculty Inc./ Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Necessary Evils" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.